A program for children aged 6 to 12 where their critical reasoning skills begin to develop and their love for learning is being strengthened
A six-year program where the different subjects are presented in a sequence that moves from the whole to its parts, overview to details.
The Elementary program:
- Provides a carefully prepared and stimulating environment in which children can develop the basic skills, proper attitudes and habits, for lifelong learning.
- Helps the children develop a free and inquiring mind in all areas of interest.
- Provides venue where exchange of ideas and collaborative work among peers are respected thus developing the skills on how to work in a group.
- An integration of the subject areas of languages, mathematics, natural and physical sciences, and history. The program also includes music, art, physical education, practical arts, and religion or moral values education.
- With the use of their reasoning mind and creative imagination, children are able to explore concepts and integrate them into a comprehensive whole using different didactic materials, cosmic stories and research work.
- Due to their tendency to work and collaborate with their peers, presentations are usually given in small groups.
- Lessons and activities for the week are planned individually by the children with their teachers.
- The program is divided into two cycles:
First cycle(GS 1): for ages 6 to 9 (grades 1-3)
Second cycle(GS 2): for ages 9 to 12 (grades 4-6)
First cycle(GS 1): 7:30 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
Second cycle(GS 2): 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.