A 3-year program designed for children aged 3 to 6 years old
The Casa program:
- helps the child acquire the habit of learning, thus, enabling him to achieve self-discipline and a sense of responsibility for his own education.
- gives each child the opportunity to develop in the best possible way for himself by utilizing his senses to the fullest and beginning the task of abstraction.
Practical Life Exercises
- Provide real experiences observed and done in daily life, serving as a bridge for the child from the home to the school environment.
- Help in the development of coordination of movement, sense of order and concentration that will lead the child towards independence.
- Provide activities that focus on the care for the self and his environment.
Sensorial Exercises for Development
- Refine the senses by isolating one quality such as shape, color, size, weight, texture, sound and smell.
- Develop a sense of order which will help train the intellect to put order to the various experiences the child has acquired which will aid him in his process of learning.
- Introduces the concept of the decimal system of numeration using quantity and symbols
- Provides concrete experiences from which to form mathematical abstration in numeration and basic operations as well as basic concepts of fractions and geometry.
- Provides the avenue by which the child discovers and realizes that through reading and writing he can explore any thing, any time and any place.
Cultural Subjects(Science, History, Geography), Art, Music
- Are integrated in the curriculum as the child works with the different learning areas.
3 years old: 3 hours (7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon)
4 years old: 4 ½ hours (7:30 a.m. to 12 noon)
5 years old: 6 hours (7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.)